A NO-COST Energy Assistance Program
The WarmChoice® Program is a NO-COST energy assistance program designed to increase the energy efficiency of homes owned or occupied by income-eligible Columbia Gas customers in Ohio. WarmChoice® is funded by Columbia Gas of Ohio/NiSource through a rate payer surcharge.
NOTE: WARM CHOICE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT BEING TAKEN AT THIS TIME
Allen, Champaign, Clark, Crawford, Cuyahoga, Delaware, Erie, Fairfield, Greene, Hancock, Hardin, Huron, Licking, Logan, Lorain, Madison, Mahoning, Marion, Medina, Morrow, Ottawa, Pickaway, Richland, Sandusky, Seneca, Shelby, Stark, Trumbull, Union, Wayne, Wood and Wyandot Counties.
- Energy inspection to determine which cost-effective weatherization services can be installed.
- Safety inspection on the gas appliances such as the furnace and water heater to verify they are operating safely and efficiently.
- Tune-ups of gas appliances or replacement where warranted.
- Installation of insulation in the walls, attic, basement, crawl space and floors as appropriate; sealing of major sources of air leakage.
- 150% of the federal poverty guidelines or below.
- Must be a current Columbia Gas customer with an active service connection.
- Home owner or renter (Landlord authorization required).
- Eligible residence is any dwelling in which natural gas is the primary heating source.
- No major roof leaks, excessive mold, standing water, or other issues that would prevent safe, effective insulation.
- Applications are not being taken at this time